Camp Lokahi 2021 SPRING dates:
Kids Camp – Ages 9-12
((Looking to STAFF camp? Fill out the form and let us know here.))
Keep updated here, on our Facebook Page, or Instagram!
Camp Lokahi is a Christian based camp like no other. The campers have opportunities to take part in “track” events such as Photography, Creative Art and Film Entertainment, Music and Airsoft. Unique theme nights have become a camper favorite, with decorations, costumes, and skits. Many of the campers come from low income or at-risk homes, which brings the needs for sponsorship for several local youth.
What is Camp Lokahi?
Camp Lokahi is a 4 day (3 nights) youth camp, which is run during most school breaks. It was founded in 2006 with the help of a group from Eagle’s Nest Ranch in Alberta, Canada. A typical day includes :
- Track events (ex. Airsoft, Video or Dance, etc)
- Cabin activities (like crafts, archery, and slip & slide)
- BASH games (a large cabin vs. cabin theme game)
- Theme Dinners ( ex.Wreck it Ralph, Alice in Wonderland, and The Hobbit)
- Awesome Chapel Services with Worship, memory verse competition, and a speaker
- Improv. Comedy show
Who is Camp Lokahi for?
Camp Lokahi is for all kids 9-12 years of age who are looking for a place to come during school breaks where they can have FUN, make friends and learn about God!
Do you have anything for teenagers?
Yes! We do a TEEN camp for 13-17 year olds during the Summer break. This is generally 3 days (2 nights) and the day activities and chapel time is more catered to that age group.
Where is Camp Lokahi?
Camp Lokahi is located at the Makapala Retreat Center in Kapaau, North Kohala, Hawaii which is located on Hwy 270 (Akoni Pule Hwy) just beyond Mile Market 27. We are just 2 miles before the end of the road (Pololu Valley).
Who runs Camp Lokahi?
Camp Lokahi is run by the staff of Island Breeze Ministries- Makapala, who are caretakers of the Makapala Retreat Center. The mission of Island Breeze is “To know God and make Him known through His inherent gifts and expressions to the nations”. Island Breeze is under the umbrella of Youth With a Mission (YWAM).
Why Camp Lokahi?
Each and every one of the staff and helpers for camp are 100% volunteers. No one makes a dime! Every volunteer comes out for one reason: To show your kids what a good time with God can look like! We have over 6 years of experience and are always trying to make new changes and keep taking camp to the next level!
How do I register my child?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 889-5082. The cost for camp is $150 including housing, activities, and all meals while here! (Partial scholarship might be available for those who might need financial assistance)
How you can get involved?
- Send! Send your kids to camp!! Invite their friends! If you don’t have kids, send a neighbor kid or a grandchild! Serve! As already mentioned, we cannot run this camp without volunteers! We are always looking for people to commit to coming out for the 4 days to help make camp a success. That might be through counseling or heading up décor, or running a Track activity. We do ask that volunteers be at least 18 years of age, have a heart for youth and are prepared to come ready to serve!
- Sponsor! Each camp, there are at least a handful of kids who want to come out, but cannot afford it! We try to find sponsors for these kids. Generally, we offer them “partial” scholarships so that more kids can have assistance.
- Support! Even though there is a cost for the kids to attend camp, we charge pretty much exactly what it costs us in order to keep costs low for the kids! However, there are often large purchases that need to be made, etc and having the funds to warrant these purchases is one of our biggest prayer requests!
For more Camp Lokahi videos, click the link to our Camp Lokahi YouTube page, HERE.